toll free: 1-800-967-1234
phone: (248) 746-4068
fax: (248) 936-2140
Mr. Kochanowski has practiced complex federal litigation for over 20 years. He thinks it is fun. He attended an excellent law school where he studied hard enough to get on law review. Although he has occasionally taken on a defense case, he primarily represents companies and individuals as plaintiffs. He has been lead counsel in significant patent infringement litigation, trade secret, and other federal and state intellectual property cases. In addition, he has been lead counsel for a wide variety of clients in federal antitrust, RICO, and complex contract matters. Mr. Kochanowski has represented European and Asian clients in U.S. litigation and licensing disputes involving intellectual property and other matters; research and development companies in enforcing patent portfolios; automotive suppliers in various matters; Lloyd's of London market insurers in complex first party environmental matters and many other clients in civil litigation. And, yes, he does indeed think all the above is fun.
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, JD
- University of Michigan, BA
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- State of Michigan
- State of Illinois (inactive since 2009)
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Michigan
- Court of Appeals For The Federal Circuit
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Honors and Awards:
- Washington University Law Review, Member and Editor, 1982 - 1984
- $3.1 Million Breach of Contract Verdict. Andrew wins breach of contract and patrnt infringement verdict for the Michigan inventor of aluminum baseball bat safety testing machine.
Letter from a juror on the case:
I just wanted to briefly thank you for taking a few minutes after the Buam v Umass trial last week to speak with the jurors. That was the first time I had been a juror, and it was an interesting experience. I was very impressed with you throughout the trial, and got the feel that you really enjoy your career. Mr. Baum is a very intelligent man, and you couldn't have represented him any better.
(name withheld for privacy)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association