Lance C. Young
phone: (248) 746-4033
toll free: 1-800-783-0989
fax: (248) 415-2238
Mr. Young is a shareholder at Sommers Schwartz, P.C. He represents investors, employees, consumers and other injured parties in class actions involving violations of federal and state securities laws, antitrust laws and consumer protection laws.
Mr. Young previously managed his own law firm and worked for a boutique Michigan class action law firm for 10 years. He has also served of counsel for several years to a prominent New York class action law firm.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D. cum laude
- University of Michigan, M.B.A
- Michigan State University, B.A.
Areas of Practice:
- Class Action Litigation
- Consumer Protection
- Securities/GAAP Compliance
- Corporate Duties/Derivative Suits
- State Bar of Michigan; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan; United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships:
Council Member of the Antitrust, Franchising & Trade Regulation Section of the State Bar of Michigan
Involvement in Significant Settlements/Verdicts :
- Bank One Securities Litigation - $120 million recovered for a class of former NBD shareholders
- Cardizem CD Antitrust Litigation - $80 million recovered for a nationwide class of injured consumers and third-party payers, plus $110 million for injured distributors and wholesalers.
- Visa Check/Master Money Antitrust Litigation - over $2.5 billion in cash and significant structural relief obtained for a nationwide class of overcharged merchants.
- Gutter v E.I. Dupont De Nemours and Co., - $80 million recovered for a class of defrauded shareholders
- Wood v Abbott Laboratories, et al - $64.3 million recovered for consumers of brand-name prescription drugs in sixteen states
- F&M Distributors, Inc Securities Litigation - $20 million recovered for a class of defrauded bondholders.