Charles Ash is a senior shareholder at Sommers Schwartz, and represents clients in state and federal courts. He has an outstanding trial record, obtaining a number of multiple million-dollar verdicts and negotiating hundreds of substantial settlements that have compensated his clients for their loss or injury. Charlie's success earned him honors as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" in Michigan by the National Trial Lawyers and repeat selection to an elite list of "Super Lawyers."
Upon graduating from college, Charlie was a teacher and coach, as well president, chief negotiator, and advocate for the Teachers' Union, experience that rekindled his longstanding interest in becoming a lawyer. After attending law school and passing the bar, he joined Sommers Schwartz and began advocating for victims of SERIOUS accidents, BIRTH TRAUMA, medical malpractice, and other acts of negligence. His passion for fighting for the underdog continues to this day as he helps his clients seek compensation from big insurance companies and corporations for the injuries and hardship they have wrongfully caused.
When not practicing law, Charlie enjoys traveling and spending time with his family in their Northern Michigan cottage. Grateful for the athletic scholarship he received to Eastern Michigan University, he is a strong supporter of the school's Foundation Fund and its efforts provide ongoing scholarship aide to today's athletes.
- Detroit College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Winner, Detroit College of Law, Freshman Oral Advocacy Competition
- Executive Director, Moot Court Program
- Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan Master of Art in Educational Administration
- Eastern Michigan University, Bachelors in Business Administration
- Captain (two years),Varsity Wrestling Team
- Eastern Michigan University, Secondary Certificate, Business Education
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Areas of Practice