Allen Kovinsky focuses his practice on municipal and labor issues, representing cities, townships, and school boards such as Madison Heights, Taylor, Melvindale, Sylvan Lake, Keego Harbor, Redford Township, Van Buren Township, Belleville and Flat Rock Schools, and the 23rd, 34th, and 43rd District Courts.
Additionally, Allen has represented unions including United Steelworkers of America; A.F.L.-C.I.O.; Teamsters Local 214; Dearborn School Employees Independent Union; Brighton Bus Drivers; Michigan Independent Oil Workers Union; Carpenters Local 982; Oil, Chemical & Atomic Workers; and U.A.W. Local 306 Dearborn office; as well professional and technical employees and many other affiliated and non-affiliated local unions. He has also represented several local companies including Ewald Steel, Hale Steel, ATCO Steel, Production Tool & Supply Co., Wolverine Fabricators, Kosins Clothes, Inc., O'Brien's Clothing, Kappy's Clothing, Channel 20 WXON-TV, Country Home Bakery of Michigan, and Glorious Gifts, Inc.
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Jr. Editor, Wayne State Law Review
- Arthur Lederle Scholarship
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Business Administration, with high distinction
- Gold Key: Law (Senior Year)
- Silver Key: Law (Junior Year)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan