Kevin Stoops is an experienced trial attorney who appears frequently in Michigan state courts and federal courts across the United States, representing clients in complex business litigation spanning the automobile and other industries. He has vast experience and a track record of successful outcomes in complex, high-dollar matters involving trade secret, business tort, intellectual property, executive employment, and class action claims.
Through a practical and honest approach, Kevin has established a reputation for providing individual clients as well as multi-national businesses with the cost-effective representation that is so in demand in today’s economy (often at the expense of "large law firm" competitors). His use of unique, custom-tailored alternative fee arrangements and contingency fee structures help clients to limit their legal expenditures while getting excellent litigation representation and personal responsiveness.
Kevin went into law because he enjoys the intellectual challenge posed by an ever evolving legal landscape. Since becoming a lawyer, he's learned just how important his work is to every one of his clients. "It's not often that you find a profession where the outcome of your work can – and often does – have a profound impact on the life of your client and his or her family."
Kevin has three children – Kevin Jr., Donavin, and Dominick – and he coaches their sports teams, although to his chagrin, his coaching efforts do not often have a profound impact on the final outcome of the games.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2004
- Moot Court Team
- Law Review
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Science, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Pro hac vice admission: U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida; U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Areas of Practice