Leonard Schwartz is a founding member of the firm.
Upon graduation with distinction from the University of Michigan Law School and being admitted to practice in New York, Leonard returned to Michigan to join the firm of Sugar Schwartz, which subsequently became Sugar, Schwartz, Silver & Tyler. After many successful years in its own right, that firm then merged with Sommers & Gordon to become the well-respected Sommers Schwartz, P.C., a group of attorneys known for their litigation talents and accomplishments, professionalism, and commitment to their clients.
- University of Michigan Law School, Juris Doctor, honors with distinction
- Defense Research Institute
- Michigan Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association – Torts & Insurance and ADR Sections
- State Bar of Michigan – Negligence and Environmental Sections
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Mediator, Oakland County Circuit Court
- AV Preeminent Lawyer – Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 (Martindale-Hubbell)