Michelle D. Trent represents plaintiffs injured as a result of medical malpractice, defective drugs and devices, and general negligence.
After receiving her undergraduate degree in Marketing from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University, Michelle pursued her law degree at Thomas M. Cooley Law School, where she participated in various organizations and received a scholarship for her superior academic performance. She was invited to join the editorial board of the Journal of Practical & Clinical Law, serving as the Senior Marketing Editor before ultimately being named Editor-in-Chief.
Michelle joined Sommers Schwartz as an associate after a successful internship with the firm.
Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor, 2013
- Honors Scholarship
- Dean’s List & Honor Roll
- Editor-in-Chief and Senior Marketing Editor, Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Practical & Clinical Law
- Top 3rd Advocate, First-Year Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition
- Cooley Student Ambassador Program
- Member, Student Bar Association
Michigan State University, Eli Broad College of Business, Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, 2007
- Huron University, London, England, Summer 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Areas of Practice
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Volunteer, Common Ground Legal Clinic
- American Association for Justice
“Official (ISC)2 ® Guide to the CCFP CBK ®, Chapter 9 – Civil Investigations” (contributor), Auerbach, 2014