Sarah Rickard is a member of the firm’s Commercial & Intellectual Property Litigation Group, representing companies and individuals in complex business disputes.
Sarah is a cum laude graduate of Thomas Cooley Law School, where she served on the law review editorial board, participated in moot court, and received numerous academic honors. Prior to deciding on a legal career, she obtained a bachelor degree in architecture, and spent five years working as a designer and project manager for two architectural and engineering firms in Michigan and Tennessee respectively.
Sarah joined Sommers Schwartz as an associate after a successful internship and subsequent clerkship with the firm.
- Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, Juris Doctor cum laude, 2014
- Associate Editor, Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Practical & Clinical Law & Recipient of the Outstanding Associate Award
- Moot Court
- Honors Scholarship Award
- Lawrence Technological University, Bachelor of Science in Architecture, 2005
- American Institute of Architects (Student Division)
- Habitat for Humanity (Student Volunteer)
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Areas of Practice
- State Bar of Michigan
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan