At Sommers Schwartz, Albert Asciutto represents plaintiffs in Wage & Hour litigation designed to hold employers accountable for wrongfully denying employees their rightfully earned compensation.
An associate in the firm’s Wage & Hour Litigation Group, Albert handles cases that focus on an employer’s failure to pay appropriate wages, including minimum wage, overtime pay, unpaid “off the clock” work, and negligent or fraudulent compensation practices, in state and federal courts across the country. Before joining the firm, Albert focused his practice on litigating environmental contamination class actions and pharmaceutical mass tort litigation nationwide. Whether appearing in court, drafting pleadings and motions, or conducting discovery, Albert brings an unparalleled drive and attention to building a case and achieving the best possible outcome for the client.
After obtaining his Bachelor of Arts degree from Western Michigan University with dual majors in creative writing and criminal justice, Albert received his Juris Doctor from Wayne State University Law School. At both the undergraduate and graduate levels, he earned various academic honors and recognitions. Outside the law school classroom, he served as Managing Editor of The Journal of Law in Society, Vice President of the Medical and Health Law Society, Vice President of Finance for the Entrepreneurship and Business Law Society, and was a member of the Wayne Law Mock Trial Program. Additionally, Albert gained practical experience in the State of Michigan Appellate Defender Office preparing criminal appellate briefs for incarcerated clients and as an intern in the Legal Advocacy for People with Cancer Clinic at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute. Albert also had the privilege of working as a research assistant to the late U.S. Senator Carl Levin, where he provided recommendations to ease barriers to treatment for those suffering from Opioid Use Disorder.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2018
- Managing Editor, The Journal of Law in Society
- Vice President, Medical and Health Law Society
- Vice President of Finance, Entrepreneurship and Business Law Society
- Wayne Law Mock Trial Program
- Western Michigan University, Bachelor of Arts, 2014
- International English Honor Society Sigma Tau Delta: Alpha Nu Pi Chapter
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Pro hac vice admissions in various federal courts, including the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of California, the Middle District of Florida, the District of Massachusetts, and the District of Rhode Island, and various state courts in California, Illinois, and Ohio.