An Extraordinary Place to Work
Over the course of our more than 40-year history, Sommers Schwartz has earned a reputation as a leader in high stakes, complex contingency-based litigation. We are proud of what we’ve achieved, and we’re always on the lookout for new people who will add to our continuing success.
Sommers Schwartz is driven by its commitment to a core plaintiff litigation practice – Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Personal Injury, Class Actions, Employment Disputes, and Commercial & Business Disputes – and continues to explore related areas that align with the firm’s established brand and practice mix.
The attorneys at Sommers Schwartz are well known and well regarded in their practice areas with names that are instantly recognized among both the plaintiff and defense bars. These seasoned litigators regularly secure some of the largest verdicts and settlements in Michigan and elsewhere.
For the right lawyer or small group of attorneys with established practices, proven litigation skills, and a track record of successful high-dollar outcomes, Sommers Schwartz is an environment where you will continue to excel with the help of exceptional people and resources. If you are an experienced attorney who is interested in contributing to Sommers Schwartz’s success, please submit your résumé or curriculum vitae along with compensation requirements to email@example.com.
Along with our lawyers, we boast a talented team of paralegals, legal assistants, legal nurse consultants, administrative assistants, and professional staff, all of whom are equally dedicated to providing outstanding service and achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients. If you are an experienced legal professional and wish to be a part of the Sommers Schwartz family, please submit your résumé or curriculum vitae along with compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nurse/Paralegal Intake Specialist
Sommers Schwartz is seeking an experienced nurse or paralegal intake specialist for the firm’s personal injury and medical malpractice litigation team.
In this regular, full-time position, the intake specialist serves as the first point of contact with potential clients, gathering their information and initially assessing the legal basis, cause, and scope of their injuries and medical conditions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Answering and screening phone calls and website inquiries from prospective clients.
- Collecting pertinent information from prospective clients during phone interviews.
- Entering information into the firm’s matter intake software and contact databases.
- Working with attorneys and professional staff to evaluate legal claims, request and review medical records, and communicate with prospective clients throughout the intake process.
- Interviewing medical experts and witnesses.
- Assist with other external marketing and administrative duties as needed.
Candidates should possess the required experience and skills:
- Demonstrated success in a phone-based, client-facing role.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to empathize with emotional and distraught individuals seeking legal assistance.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, notations, and records; anatomical drawings; laboratory tests; and medications; and the ability to explain or illustrate diagnoses of medical conditions.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced litigation environment.
- Solid data entry and keyboarding skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook and Excel (knowledge of Needles CMS and LawRuler/Lexicata or similar intake software programs is preferred).
- BSN, RN, or LPN from an accredited school, or Paralegal or legal assistant certification from an accredited program is preferred.
- Two or more years of clinical practice experience, or two or more years of law firm or legal department experience in a law firm or legal department is preferred (plaintiff contingency experience is a plus)
Preferred work hours are 8:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. A background check, in accordance with applicable employment laws, may be required. Sommers Schwartz is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resumé and compensation requirements to Joseph Bourgon at email@example.com.