A winning record, driven by experience and analytical skill
David Black has been litigating cases for forty-five years. He currently serves as of counsel to Sommers Schwartz, where he has engineered successful resolution of major legal and accounting malpractice actions in which he has obtained a number of seven figure settlements and verdicts.
David is a highly-respected “lawyer’s lawyer,” who receives much of his caseload through referrals by other attorneys. He has resolved several accounting and legal malpractice actions resulting in seven figure verdicts and settlements. His practice areas include: alternative dispute resolution, breach of contract, business torts, corporate and partnership disputes, debtor-creditor work and fraud, legal and accounting malpractice and securities. David enjoys both the challenges of problem solving and the adversary process when successfully negotiating disputes.
David has what is described as an uncanny ability to foreseen the probable outcome of a trial very early in the process. His analytical abilities are enhanced by his education in English literature and the classics of Greek and Roman mythology, and his deep knowledge of the principles and philosophies of the Eastern Yoga tradition have substantially increased his dispute resolution abilities.
When not litigating a difficult case or acting as an arbitrator, he spends time with his family in Ann Arbor and has an extensive and committed yoga practice, including teaching yoga for over 20 years.
- David has engineered successful resolution of major legal and accounting malpractice actions in which he has obtained a number of seven-figure settlements and verdicts.
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator, National Association of Securities Dealers
- State Bar of Michigan
- New York Bar Association
- The University of Michigan Law School, Juris Doctor
- Miami University, Bachelor of Arts
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals