For nearly four decades, Richard Fox has successfully resolved hundreds of cases on behalf of clients hurt and harmed as a result of medical malpractice, personal injury, and other acts of negligence in Michigan and Ohio. In 2002, Rick secured the largest medical negligence settlement in Michigan, and his peers have repeatedly selected him for inclusion among the Best Lawyers in America® for Personal Injury Litigation and as a Michigan Super Lawyer®.
- A $4.75 million settlement: An infant with brain damage as the result of a family practice resident’s failure to properly interpret a fetal non-stress test and failure to recognize the need for continued observation and timely delivery
- A $2.45 million settlement:A child with cerebral palsy resulting from a 30-minute delay in accomplishing an emergency C-section.
- A $3.7 million settlement: An infant with brain-damaged resulting from the obstetrician being notified too late regarding the need to come to the hospital for labor and delivery.
- A $1.1 million settlement: An infant injured as the result of a pediatrician's failure to recognize severe dehydration and hypoglycemia.
- A $1.165 million verdict: An Ohio man spent five months in the hospital following the perforation of the small bowel during a laparoscopic hernia repair.
- A $2.5 million settlement: A five-year-old child sustained a hypoxic ischemic brain injury as the result of a delay in effectuating delivery and failure to timely recognize and act upon fetal monitor tracings demonstrating fetal distress.
- A $2.375 million settlement: A 55-year-old man became paralyzed and cognitively compromised following a stroke resulting from the nursing staff’s failure to conduct neurological checks ordered by his physician.
- A $3.25 million settlement: A four-year-old boy sustained brain damage while undergoing a diagnostic MRI under conscious sedation, resulting from the anesthesia personnel’s failure to closely monitor the child following the administration of intravenous medication.
- A $3 million settlement: A one-year-old infant suffered brain damage and cortical blindness as the result of obstetric residents’ failure to timely deliver the child by emergency C-section.
- American Association for Justice
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America – 2008 to present
- Super Lawyers (Michigan) – 2006 to present
- American Registry’s Best Attorneys/Top Attorneys in Michigan – 2009 to present
- AV Preeminent Lawyer – Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 (Martindale-Hubbell)
- DBusiness Top Lawyers – 2009, 2010, 2015, and 2016
- Co-Author, Michigan Civil Procedure Forms: Practice, Aspen Publishing Co., 1989.
- Personal Injury Litigation Practice in Michigan, National Business Institute, March 1992.
- Representing the Elderly Client in a Personal Injury Case, Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, February 2003