For many people, having dental work performed causes discomfort, and although some levels of discomfort are to be expected, errors may result in unnecessary suffering and medical costs.
When a dentist, dental assistant, endodontist, periodontist, or oral surgeon makes an error during your dental procedure, it should be investigated by a legal professional in order to ascertain whether the error was the result of negligence.
Although dental mistakes are rarely as serious as medical mistakes, on occasion they can result in debilitating and even fatal injuries or illness. Our dental malpractice attorneys have various resources that help us determine if dental malpractice has occurred.
Examples of dental malpractice include:
- Failure to obtain or heed a patient’s medical history, resulting in injury
- Permanent nerve damage to the tongue causing numbness or an inability to taste
- Failure to use the proper quantities of anesthesia during a dental procedure
- Failure to detect or investigate oral cancer or other diseases
- Failure to prescribe antibiotics, resulting in heart problems
- Unnecessary tooth extraction
- Improper placement of crowns, bridges, or implants
- Root canal or other surgical errors
Learn How Our Attorneys Can Help You
Dental complications can cause a number of adverse effects as well as a great deal of pain and suffering. The accomplished dental malpractice attorneys at Sommers Schwartz have won thousands of cases and have collected more than $1 billion dollars in damages for our clients including those injured as result of dental malpractice. A review of your case by a dental malpractice lawyer at Sommers Schwartz will reveal if legal action should be taken against the dentist or medical provider.
Contact a Sommers Schwartz attorney today to confidentially discuss your case and learn how we can help.