We regularly litigate cases against some of the nation’s largest corporations and law firms to secure favorable results.
Lawsuits are typically brought by people harmed by a singular act of wrongdoing or negligence. The injury these plaintiffs suffer is generally unique to them and the compensation they seek is specific to their losses. Sometimes, however, multiple people encounter the same legal problem, and because the facts and injuries are so similar, bringing all those claims together as a class action is more efficient and practical than litigating those claims separately.
In class actions, attorneys specially designated to represent the group of class members oversee the investigation and litigation of the case. They negotiate settlements, and if necessary, go to trial on behalf of the class as a whole.
Class action lawsuits may be utilized in many kinds of matters, such as:
- Defective products: electronics, health care devices, prescription and over-the-counter medications, building materials, etc.
- Consumer services: telephone, banking, utilities, loans, insurance, etc.
- Commercial transactions: deceptive sales practices, antitrust, statutory violations, breaches of warranty, etc.
- Financial concerns: shareholder disputes, securities fraud, pension and benefit issues, etc.
- Employment: unpaid wages or overtime, discrimination, unfair practices, unsafe working conditions, etc.
It requires tremendous resources and a team of experienced attorneys to litigate class actions. Legal knowledge and familiarity with court rules and procedures is critical, as are effective management, communication, and litigation skills, and most of all, a long track record of successful outcomes for the consumers, municipalities, business owners, and individuals who have trusted us to represent them.
The lawyers in Sommers Schwartz’s Class Action Group possess these traits. Backed by a talented legal support team and the necessary administrative and financial resources, we have decades of complex litigation and trial experience, and are regularly appointed as lead class counsel in federal and state courts across the country.
If you or your business has been harmed by another and feel that the problem is widespread, or if you are an attorney in need of class certification assistance, give us a call today to learn how we can help.