David Parker is an appellate attorney who has appeared before the Michigan Supreme Court, the Michigan Court of Appeals, the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
In his role with the firm, David drafts and argues appeals for clients seeking compensation in personal injury lawsuits, unpaid wage and overtime claims, and consumer class actions. He also assists in briefing dispositive motions at the trial court level. David’s command of persuasive legal writing and oral advocacy have earned him both respect of the Michigan legal community and recognition from dBusiness Magazine, Super Lawyers, and Martindale-Hubbell.
An accomplished author, David’s works have been published by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the Michigan Association for Justice (formerly the Michigan Trial Lawyers Association), and the American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association). He has also lectured on legal issues to various groups and has taught classes at Michigan State University College of Law.
- University of Akron Law School, Juris Doctor
- Case and Comment Editor, Akron Law Review
- Award for Significant Legal Scholarship
- Thiel College, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
- “The Works Part 2: Medical Malpractice Cases 1998 – 2003,” Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, 2004
- “Still Starting the Case – 2001: An Updated Collection of Michigan Complaints,” Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, 2001
- “The Works” Medical Malpractice 1993 – 1997, Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, 1998
- Ch 1, Personal Injury, “Michigan Law of Damages,” ICLE, 1989
- “Starting The Case in the 90’s: A Current Manual of Michigan Complaints,” MTLA, 1991
- Ch 6, “Wrongful Birth,” Ch 8 “Legal Practice,” “Torts: Michigan Law and Practice,” ICLE, 1992
- “Products Liability: Don’t Overlook Products in Medical Cases,” Trial, November 1989
- Michigan Medical Malpractice Cases Annotated: 1987-1993, Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, 1987