Dina Zalewski is an associate in Sommers Schwartz’s Medical Malpractice Litigation and Personal Litigation groups.
After receiving her Bachelor of Arts in English from Wayne State University, Dina pursued her Juris Doctor from University of Detroit Mercy School of Law. In law school, she earned numerous academic awards and supplemented her classroom learning by interning with the Juvenile Division of the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office. She also cultivated her litigation skills by participating in national moot court competitions, which led to her election as Associate Director for Internal Competitions on the Moot Court Board of Advocates and her induction into the Order of Barristers.
Dina’s drive to be in the courtroom prompted her to start her own practice, with an initial focus on criminal defense matters. She then joined a busy civil litigation firm, where she transitioned to medical malpractice and personal injury cases, helping to obtain several significant outcomes for clients harmed as the result of physician negligence, surgical errors, birth trauma, missed or mistaken diagnoses, spinal cord and brain injuries, motor vehicle accidents, dog bites, premises liability and slip and fall injuries, and wrongful death.
Dina is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and the Michigan Association for Justice.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
- National Order of Barristers
- Associate Director for Internal Competitions, Moot Court Board
- Chicago Bar Moot Court Competition
- South Texas National Trial Competition
- Wayne State University, Bachelor of Arts in English, 2008
Areas of Practice
- State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Super Lawyers (Michigan) – 2020
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 under 40 Lawyers in Michigan – 2019