Experienced advocate and respected mentor
Jay Yasso focuses his practice on medical malpractice, automobile negligence, and personal injury. He has litigated, mediated, and facilitated numerous multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of injured victims for over two decades, and his experience and expertise allow him to sit on mediation panels in Oakland, Wayne, and Macomb County Circuit Courts.
Jay has been actively involved at St. Regis Parish and was elected to the Board of Directors of the School Finance Committee and the school’s Capital Campaign Committee. He is also a member of the St. Regis Booster’s Club and Dad’s Club, and has been a basketball coach, counselor, and mentor for boys and girls participating in Catholic Youth Organization for the past 15 years.
Jay also sits on the board of the D-MAN Foundation, a non-profit devoted to helping people with disabilities, and for which he has worked to build a music therapy studio, earning him the nickname “The Music Man.”
- Multi-million dollar settlement for industrial accident resulting in death
- Multi-million dollar settlement for delay in treatment in the Emergency Department resulting in massive heart attack, permanent brain damage
- Multi-million dollar settlement for vascular surgery gone bad resulting in the amputation of two legs and a colostomy bag
- Multi-million dollar settlement for bus/car accident resulting in death
- Multi-million dollar settlement involving poorly manufactured hampers resulting in permanent loss of vision in one eye in a 10-year old boy.
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Arabic American Chamber of Commerce
- Chaldean American Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Lebanese American Chamber of Commerce
- Case Evaluator, Oakland, Wayne, and Macomb Counties
- University of Detroit School of Law, Juris Doctor (JD)
- Wayne State University, Masters of Arts in International Relations, magna cum laude
- Boston College, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, with distinction
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit