Experienced, accomplished litigator
At Sommers Schwartz, Michael D. McCullough II represents individuals and families injured as a result of medical malpractice and general negligence. Michael, or Mickey, also represent individuals who have had their civil rights violated.
Since joining Sommers Schwartz, Mickey has proven he will litigate cases all the way through to trial and has been successful in obtaining settlements in some highly disputed cases. He has extensive experience conducting depositions of expert and defendant doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals.
Mickey attended Wayne State, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs, cum laude. He remained at Wayne State to study for my law degree and was honored with various accolades. He also participated in Moot Court prior to graduating with honors.
Mickey is active in the legal community. He co-chairs The Detroit Bar Association Medical Malpractice Section and is a Board Member on the Macomb County Bar Association Young Lawyers Section. He is also the Secretary and a Board Member with Love One Another, a non-profit organization that provides support to underserved families and children in Southeast Michigan.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Young Lawyers Section
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Detroit Bar Association
- Chair, Medical Malpractice Section
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Board Member, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Board Member, Young Lawyers Section Board Member, 2019-present
My family and I would like to thank Matt Turner, Mickey McCullough, Janice Koehler, and your entire law firm for your dedication to my wife’s wrongful death case. We realize that we had the best law firm to successfully help us. We appreciate the obviously hard work and the efforts you put into it. You are a terrific team and I, along with my family, sincerely thank you for all you have done to settle this case. We would highly recommend using Sommers Schwartz!
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2017
- Member, Moot Court Board
- Silver Key Certificate (two-time recipient)
- Wayne State University, Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs, cum laude, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan