Litigation experience from a seasoned professional
As a shareholder in the firm’s personal injury and medical malpractice litigation groups, Andy has successfully represented individuals harmed by the negligent acts of health care professionals, doctors and hospitals, automobile drivers, motorcyclists, truckers and trucking companies, property owners, and sexual predators.
Andy started his legal career as a criminal defense attorney handing felony cases on behalf of indigent clients. While there, Andy was in court nearly every day and handled several serious jury trials by himself; which is quite rare for a young attorney. As a result, he learned the rules of evidence, how to conduct himself in the courtroom, how to cross examine a witness; skills that are critical to his current practice.
In addition to the law, Andy has always been interested in science and medicine. He comes from a family of doctors. And while he ultimately chose to pursue a profession in law rather than medicine, he has feels fortunate that, in sense, his practice puts the two fields together. By policing doctors and hospitals in his role as a medical malpractice attorney, he can help form the medical profession as much as, or more, than if he were a clinician.
When he is not practicing law, Andy enjoys playing golf, ice hockey, platform tennis, cooking and traveling.
- $1.8 million settlement for a child who was born 24 weeks premature due to the defendant doctor’s failure to treat his mother’s pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- $912,500 settlement over a radiology malpractice claim for the failure to diagnose a brain bleed and aneurysm leading to permanent brain damage.
- $900,000 settlement in hospital nurse malpractice claim alleging the failure to respond to a cardiac monitoring alarm, leading to the patient’s cardiopulmonary arrest and death.
- $600,000 settlement for a developmentally disabled man who was sexually assaulted by a resident at an adult foster care home.
- $462,000 settlement on behalf of a man who suffered permanent vision loss and disfigurement when another individual negligently threw an empty aerosol bug spray can into a campfire.
- $400,000 settlement for a patient who suffered complications during a liver-kidney transplant.
- $360,000 medical malpractice settlement for the estate of a man who died after a Veterans Affairs Medical Center radiologist failed to timely diagnose of lung cancer.
- $325,000 settlement for a patient who suffered complications during an aneurysm coiling procedure.
- $290,000 pre-suit settlement for a man who sustained multiple injuries in a motorcycle accident.
- $260,000 medical malpractice settlement for a 66-year-old woman who suffered from a fractured hip that the defendant doctors repeatedly failed to diagnose over a five-year period.
- $237,500 settlement for an 18-year-old man who lost a testicle while serving jail time after officials failed to provide him with requested and needed medical attention.
- $189,000 medical malpractice verdict for a client who was subjected to surgical errors during a lapidus bunionectomy procedure performed on his foot.
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Executive Board, 2017 to present
- American Association for Justice
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Medical Legal Committee
- Oakland County Circuit Court – Case Evaluator
Andy Dragovic is an outstanding trial attorney! The thought of testifying in a jury trial for a medical malpractice case can be pretty intimidating, to say the least. I needed representation from an attorney who was empathetic and effective. Andrija Dragovic proved to be that attorney time and time again. He was clearly dedicated to finding justice, explored my options every step of the way, and respected all my decisions regarding the case. I was impressed with his efforts to communicate regularly with me and provide education regarding the legal process in terms that were easy to understand. He was prepared to go to trial in my case, and we did! The jury came back with a unanimous finding in my favor and I was awarded the maximum amount for damages. Mr. Dragovic was extremely prepared, well versed in case law, and compelling during the trial. Behind the scenes, while relating to me, he was thoughtful and down to earth. I couldn’t have asked for better representation and have a tremendous amount of respect for Andy Dragovic and his legal practice.
- The George Washington University, LL.M
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan