As a shareholder in the firm’s Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Litigation Groups, Andy Dragovic has successfully represented individuals harmed or killed by the willful and negligent acts of health care professionals, doctors and hospitals, automobile drivers, motorcyclists, truckers and trucking companies, property owners, and sexual predators.
For more than 15 years, Andy has dedicated 100 percent of his practice to helping victims and their families recover compensation for physical and emotional injuries and financial losses, and appears in state and federal courts across Michigan. Because of his superior advocacy skills and the results he obtains, he was named to the National Trial Lawyers’ list of “Top 100 Trial Lawyers.”
Andy also gives back to the legal profession by serving on the Executive Board as well as the Amicus Committee of the Michigan Association for Justice, a member of the Oakland County Bar Association’s Medical-Legal Committee, and a case evaluator for medical malpractice lawsuits in Oakland County Circuit Court.
- The George Washington University, LL.M
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Areas of Practice
- $1.8 million settlement for a child who was born 24 weeks premature due to the defendant doctor’s failure to treat his mother’s pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- $912,500 settlement over a radiology malpractice claim for the failure to diagnose a brain bleed and aneurysm leading to permanent brain damage.
- $900,000 settlement in hospital nurse malpractice claim alleging the failure to respond to a cardiac monitoring alarm, leading to the patient’s cardiopulmonary arrest and death.
- $600,000 settlement for a developmentally disabled man who was sexually assaulted by a resident at an adult foster care home.
- $462,000 settlement on behalf of a man who suffered permanent vision loss and disfigurement when another individual negligently threw an empty aerosol bug spray can into a campfire.
- $400,000 settlement for a patient who suffered complications during a liver-kidney transplant.
- $360,000 medical malpractice settlement for the estate of a man who died after a Veterans Affairs Medical Center radiologist failed to timely diagnose of lung cancer.
- $325,000 settlement for a patient who suffered complications during an aneurysm coiling procedure.
- $290,000 pre-suit settlement for a man who sustained multiple injuries in a motorcycle accident.
- $260,000 medical malpractice settlement for a 66-year-old woman who suffered from a fractured hip that the defendant doctors repeatedly failed to diagnose over a five-year period.
- $189,000 medical malpractice verdict for a client who was subjected to surgical errors during a lapidus bunionectomy procedure performed on his foot.
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Executive Board, 2017 to present
- American Association for Justice
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Medical Legal Committee
- Oakland County Circuit Court - Case Evaluator
Andy Dragovic is an outstanding trial attorney! The thought of testifying in a jury trial for a medical malpractice case can be pretty intimidating, to say the least. I needed representation from an attorney who was empathetic and effective. Andrija Dragovic proved to be that attorney time and time again. He was clearly dedicated to finding justice, explored my options every step of the way, and respected all my decisions regarding the case. I was impressed with his efforts to communicate regularly with me and provide education regarding the legal process in terms that were easy to understand. He was prepared to go to trial in my case, and we did! The jury came back with a unanimous finding in my favor and I was awarded the maximum amount for damages. Mr. Dragovic was extremely prepared, well versed in case law, and compelling during the trial. Behind the scenes, while relating to me, he was thoughtful and down to earth. I couldn't have asked for better representation and have a tremendous amount of respect for Andy Dragovic and his legal practice.
Andy Dragovic did an outstanding job for me. He explained the details of litigation, negotiation, and settlement before we decided on a course of action. The result was an excellent settlement. It was a pleasure to have Andy handle my claim.