Ben Wilensky is a member of Sommers Schwartz’s Personal Injury Litigation Group and focuses his practice on representing railroad workers who seek compensation for on-the-job injuries under the Federal Employers' Liability Act.
After graduating from Michigan State University, Ben served as an aide to U.S. Senators Jon Corzine and Frank Lautenberg in Washington, D.C. He then pursued his law degree at Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he was an Executive Articles Editor and a member of the Executive Board of the Law Review, and a professorial research assistant, before earning his Juris Doctor.
In addition to his active FELA practice, Ben has represented clients in professional malpractice, products liability, governmental liability, civil rights, RICO, and fraud litigation, as well as business disputes involving breach of contract and employment law. He was recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2015 and 2016, a testament to the respect he has garnered from his peers in the legal profession.
Ben is active in various organizations such as the Michigan Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice, and the Oakland County Bar Association. He also contributes to his community as a member of the Beverly Hills Planning Commission.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2010
- Chicago-Kent Law Review, Executive Articles Editor and Executive Board Member
- Research Assistant, Professor William A. Birdthistle (securities and corporate law)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards, Business Organizations and Legislative Advocacy
- Michigan State University, Dual Degrees, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Theory & Constitutional Democracy, James Madison College
- Bachelor of Science in Urban & Regional Planning
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Areas of Practice
- State Bar of Michigan
- Negligence Law Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Executive Board
- American Association for Justice
- Railroad Law Section
- New Lawyers Division
- Catholic Lawyers Society of Detroit
- Board of Directors
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Associate Member, Inn of Court
- Beverly Hills Zoning Board of Appeals
- Alternate Member
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015 to present