Million-dollar outcomes in personal injury cases
Michael Cunningham represents accident victims who have suffered serious, life-changing injuries. With his help, these individuals are often able to obtain significant compensation for their injuries, giving them the ability to start moving forward again.
For the past 30 years, Mike has been enormously successful in representing plaintiffs in medical malpractice, auto accident, and premises liability cases. Much to the dismay of his adversaries, Mike has obtained countless verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million. Mike practices across the country, having secured large verdicts and settlement awards in several other states, including California, Ohio, and Illinois.
Mike is proud of the fact that, as a young man, he obtained the rank of Eagle Scout. In fact, those close to Mike know that he still embodies all that an Eagle Scout is supposed to be in that he is trust worthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, cheerful, brave, and reverent. Not only does Mike live by these traits in his personal life, but he attributes his success to bringing them into his professional life, as well.
Mike takes time to give back to his community. On Saturdays, he volunteers with the Good Counsel Church’s PB&J outreach program that provides food, coffee, hot chocolate, clothing, and other items to an outdoor soup kitchen in Detroit. He also sings and plays guitar for elementary school children in Detroit during the winter holidays and throughout the year.
Outside of the office, Mike’s hobbies include playing guitar and golf.
- $7,125,000 settlement: medical malpractice involving a six-month-old quadriplegic
- $3,600,000 pre-suit settlement for the family of a tractor-trailer operator killed in a fatal crash in the State of Indiana.
- $2,500,000 settlement: medical malpractice involving failure to timely diagnose and treat an epidural abscess
- $1,830,000 settlement: medical malpractice case involving a hypoxic brain injury
- $1.5 million settlement: personal injury case involving an intoxicated driver who killed a father and daughter in another vehicle
- Michigan Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Mediator, Oakland County Circuit Court
- Mediator, Wayne County Circuit Court
- Boy Scouts of America
- Cub Scouts of America
- Detroit College of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Bachelor of Arts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan