Richard Groffsky focuses his practice on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation, and has represented victims of devastating brain injuries and birth injuries in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, South Carolina, and Georgia in significant brain injury and birth injury cases.
Known for securing impressive verdicts and settlements – 25 of which exceeded $1 million – Rick’s accomplishments on behalf of his clients has earned him repeat recognition by "Best Lawyers in America" and "Super Lawyers."
Rick currently serves as the Head of the firm's Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Litigation Department.
- $9.1 million verdict for the death of a 39-year-old father of two.
- $7.5 million recovery for a baby who was rendered quadriplegic at one month of age.
- $7.4 million recovery for a baby brain damaged at birth by neonatal malpractice.
- $3.9 million recovery for a baby who suffered a brain injury due to obstetrical malpractice (IIllinois).
- $3.5 million recovery for man brain injured from a surgical mishap.
- $3.5 million recovery for a woman rendered brain injured by anesthesia malpractice.
- $3.0 million recovery for a brain injured baby who had a delayed diagnosis of intrauterine hypoxia.
- $2.1 million recovery for a baby who was brain injured from a delayed diagnosis of his congenital metabolic disease (Illinois).
- $1.975 million settlement for a client permanently paralyzed due to the failure to timely diagnose and treat an epidural abscess in his spine.
- $1.8 million recovery for a baby who suffered a brain injury due to obstetrical malpractice.
- $1.8 million settlement for a child born 24 weeks premature due to a failure to treat his mother’s pelvic inflammatory disease.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Attorney Discipline Board, Panel Member, 1990 to present
- American Association for Justice
- Michigan Association for Justice
- Best Lawyers – 2007 to present
- Super Lawyers (Michigan) – 2006 to present
- AV Preeminent Lawyer – Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 (Martindale-Hubbell)
- DBusiness Top Lawyer – 2009, 2010, 2015, 2016, and 2018
- Hurley Medical Center, OB Residency Medical/Legal Seminar, 2006.
- Michigan Society of Hospital Risk Management Annual Meeting, 1993