Orthopedic specialists treat issues related to bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves, making diagnoses and repairing bone fractures, muscle tears, and nerve damage. They also surgically implant replacements for damaged hips and knees. Despite their skill and training, they make errors that can result in debilitating pain and suffering, financial loss, and even death.
Orthopedic negligence can take many forms, such as:
- Loss of a limb
- Development of potentially fatal blood clots before or after surgery
- Complications from various surgical procedures
- Blood and nerve vessel damage during surgery
- Failure to diagnose or properly treat bone fractures
- Misreading or failure to order an x-ray
- Failure to fit a patient with appropriate surgical screws or plates
- Anesthesia-related injuries
- Infection or sepsis
- Decreased mobility
- Failure to treat inflammation or pain as a result of the healing and treatment process
Medical Malpractice Attorneys
If you or someone you care about has been the victim of orthopedic malpractice, the financial and emotional impact can be devastating. You need a law firm with a track record for aggressive representation and successful outcomes. You need a law firm with a respected and responsive team of attorneys, nurse consultants, and medical experts committed to investigating and pursuing your claim. Quite simply, you need Sommers Schwartz.
Contact a Sommers Schwartz attorney today to confidentially discuss your case and learn how we can help.