Rob Ash is an associate in Sommers Schwartz’s Complex Litigation groups. A substantial portion of Rob’s practice is devoted to collective and class actions arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and similar state laws, and he appears in state and federal courts across the United States to represent employees against their corporate employers.
Rob also represents clients involved in personal injury actions and other kinds of employment disputes apart from wage and overtime abuse. Over the course of his career, he has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for people who have been seriously injured as the result of automobile and trucking accidents, animal attacks, premises liability, and other acts of negligence. Rob has also obtained substantial recoveries for employees who were subjected to unlawful discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, and breach of contract.
A 2009 graduate of Western Michigan University - Cooley Law School, Rob was a moot court top advocate and awarded a certificate of merit in Business Organizations. He earned his Bachelor of Business Administration from Eastern Michigan University in 2005.
Outside of the office, Rob has been active in fundraising efforts on behalf of the American Red Cross and was named a “Hero of the Red Cross” by the Lansing State Journal.
- Western Michigan University - Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor, Lansing, Michigan
- Dean's List
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
- Intra-School Moot Court
- Intra-School Mock Trial
- Eastern Michigan University, Bachelor of Business Administration, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Major in International Business
- Minor in Spanish
- Eastern Michigan Club Soccer Team
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Areas of Practice
- State Bar of Michigan
- Labor & Employment Law and Young Lawyers Sections
- Michigan Association for Justice